Friday, May 27, 2011

MAC - Wk 2 Publishing/Leadership project part 2 of 2: Places to get published

One of the places I would like to get published with is the International Society for Technology in Education.  This agency actually has three publications under it, so I am looking more specifically at the Journal of Research on Computing Education.  The audience seems to match my Action Research project parameters, being that they are Educators of technology and decision makers. My research specifically focuses on the the benefits of web 2.0 technologies that are implemented in traditional school settings.  My only fear is that the acceptance rate is 15%.  They also expect a word count of at least 4,000 words, so it certainly looks very involved.  Publication, though, would be most victorious!


The other place I'm considering is the Educational Technology Review.  This also seems to have a demographic that would be interested in my research.  They seem to offer a wider variety of articles and don't seem as rigorous as the ISTE.  Since you can't have the same article printed in two publications, I might consider the ISTE first, then I would submit to the AACE after I get the rejection letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment