Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE1 Schoology


Schoology is an online virtual school that is surprisingly free.  This Learning Management System allows students to modify their own profiles and to view assignments and turn in these assignments.  There is also an online grade book, which I am not sure if I will take advantage of, since our District already uses Zangle to do our grades, records, etc.  It seems that the people at Schoology are making their money on having school districts buy their premium platform. 

Allowing us individual teachers to try it out for free is probably a good move, as it can generate quite a bit of buzz...if it lives up to its claims.  That is what I will be finding out on this journey.

Before Schoology, I was using Google Sites to create and upload assignments.  I was trying to be like Full Sail.  However, Google Sites is not exactly an LMS.  As a result, I had to create the illusion of one by posting new content manually.  However, the students did not have access to each other's profiles and could not monitor their assignments.

1 comment:

  1. Someone else did schoology.com, too. I'm glad you mentioned the fact that students can't access each others profiles or monitor their assignments. I'd think they'd want to at least allow the latter of the two.

    ReplyDelete