Sunday, October 24, 2010

PE5 Adobe Captivate - It starts in Photoshop or Illustrator

I am finding that with much of the Adobe Suite of applications, proficiency with Photoshop and/or Illustrator is key to great design.  At first I started this cover page by using Captivate's native tools, but I found this was quite time-consuming and tedious.  Even after a valiant attempt, the graphics had little character to them and were very flat and difficult to get the exact look I wanted.

Cover without Photoshop
Photoshop CS5

It can be seen through these comparisons that Photoshop enabled me to create transparencies, enlarge the text, and make my images more prominent. I was also able to create effects, such as the negative photo effect, which I later used to create a lightning effect. The animations in the final cut, however, were generated from Adobe Captivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment