Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE3 Getting members & Schoology Aborted

What good is a virtual classroom without members?  This little number is the key to this course.  The key can then be sent via email.
I can use the built in email editor, but I will use Google Docs instead, because I already have the students separated by period and course number.



Now comes the biggest challenge.

What happens when I actually get real students enrolled?  I will pursue this endeavor in the next posts.

UPDATE:

After implementing Schoology into my computer lab, I found many students very excited about making their profiles and becoming friends with each other.  Unfortunately, the web site was blocked on several computers, but then was accessible later; while the other computers which had access suddenly LOST access.  In other words, it was like playing musical chairs.  It was hard to say whether it was the District's fault or if Schoology's server just couldn't take that many hits.  In any event, I had to sadly pull the plug on Schoology because I cannot work with these inconsistent connections.  Students were greatly saddened. I had to move back to my good ole' web 1.0 Google Site so students can get to their assignments.

Office Clipart

2 comments:

  1. This is good to know. I have enough trouble with things that don't always work. I don't really need something that is on-and-off-again. Drat! This sounds really good, and another FSO blogger gave a pretty glowing report of Schoology.com. Did you try to communicate with the site about your connectivity problems? I know it is often the case that the site blames the district and the district says the problem is with the site...and that leaves us hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You understand your projects stand out of the crowd. There is something unique about them. It seems to me all of them are brilliant. Madrid private detectives

    ReplyDelete